Wednesday, May 5, 2010

And time keeps ticking by...

Again, months have passed since I've been here.

I left my last post with an unfinished story. Long story short, it ended up with weeks and weeks of him begging me to let him back in my life, in any capacity. I eventually caved, though it was with worry and apprehension.
The affair aside, I missed him. Missed everything about him. How he made me laugh, how I could be myself with him, his intelligence and wit, the comfort of being anywhere with him...just everything.
The first month was spent getting to know each other again. It was as though we hadn't seen each other in years. And the first time we were alone together he kissed me, and tried to do much more than that. I resisted. For the first time ever, I told him no. My heart was too fragile to just jump back into it like that.
Then I asked him if we could go for a walk, and I told him what had happened over the summer. I told him that my doctors thought I had cancer. And what that had been like, and how scared I was, and how relieved I was when I found out after tests and the longest waiting period of my life, that I actually didn't have it. And I showed him the scar, where they had taken out pieces of me to test.
And then he stopped walking, and took my hand, and pulled me against his chest, and he cried. Sobbed actually, because he hadn't been there when I needed him the most. And I hate to say it, but I was happy he lost it like that. Because for once he was realizing what it was like to lose me, instead of me always having to deal with losing him.
After that conversation, he looked at me with new eyes. More appreciative I think, which was nice.
And time went by. And we saw each other, but never as often as before. I didn't care though, because I had him back in my life, and the ache began to go away. It wasn't exactly how it was before, because now it was more just being together. Our time together was more intimate, even in public, and he touched me and looked at me so tenderly, like something you'd see in a movie. And he sang to me, which, if you knew me at all, you would understand how that would affect me.

But, as our relationship had always been a roller coaster, why would this time be any different?

One morning I got up to find seven texts from him waiting for me. The first telling me to change my voicemail so it wasn't me saying "You've reached Kate..." Then another saying his wife had found his cell phone bill, and knew he had been talking to someone every morning. And on and on like that until the last message, when he said "I told her it was you, she knows we've been in touch. I'll call you later."

Well, fuck.

If you've been here for a while, you know that we had been caught before, by his wife, and as far as she knew, we hadn't talked in over a year.

That day was close to the most stressful of my life. He called me from a payphone on his way to work, and explained how she had confronted him with his cell phone bill. He said that he had confessed we had been talking, but that was all, and that we had never met up in person. He told me she was thinking about calling my husband to tell him. Then he said he'd call me later somehow. I promised him I'd try to smooth things over with her if she called.

In the end, she emailed me. And though it killed me to do it, I emailed her back. I told her that I was sorry, and that the affair was over, and this had just been he and I maintaining a friendship. I asked her not to tell my husband (as she had threatened in her email to me), and said if she would agree to that, she would never hear my name again. That I would never contact TDH again as long as I lived.

She actually emailed me back, nicely - if that was even possible, and thanked me for my honesty. She said she wasn't going to tell my husband, and I sent her back a one liner thank you.

That was about...six or seven weeks ago. I haven't heard from TDH since.

That surprised me, truthfully, because I thought he would at least find a way to talk to me. Even if just to say that our relationship, in all capacities, had to end. But nothing.

I've made my peace with it though. My heart has begun to quit hurting, and I've started to close off the pieces of my brain and heart that he held.

And so I've decided to end this blog. I'm going to leave it up, in case anyone else can learn from my mistakes. I will check in on the rest of you from time to time though, as I do now when I have a moment. I can't thank any of you enough for the comments of support, and the emails to check in on me when I hadn't been around for a while. I do love you all, and I'll never forget your part in this time of my life.

I'm going to end this with what I would say to TDH if I could see him once more, with what I would say to close the door to his piece of my heart for good...

You're welcome for being your cheerleader, no matter what it was you were trying for, and no matter who else told you that you would fail. You're welcome for all the times I told you how amazing and funny and intelligent you are. You're welcome for always believing in you. You're welcome for all the love I gave to you, and for how much of my life and soul I gave up for you. You're welcome for all the times I held your hands, and came to sit in waiting rooms with you in the middle of the night when a spot opened up for you to have an MRI or CT scan done.* You're welcome for the fact that I would always drive to where you are, to make it easier for you. You're welcome for the best sex of your life (his words). You're welcome for all the music I introduced to you, for all the things I taught you, and for always giving you all of me.

And thank you for making me feel like the most beautiful woman you'd ever seen. For appreciating my sense of humour, for giving me self confidence, for appreciating me at work. For the time when I finally sang to you, and for you telling me that you could never hear enough of my voice. For teaching me how to shoot, and for telling me how hot I looked with a .357 Magnum in my hands, hitting targets like it was nobody's business. Thank you for appreciating my body, to the point where I began to not totally despise the way I look. Thank you for loving me - even though you also broke my heart, more than once - I never felt more loved than by you. You'll always own a little part of me, and though it hurts, I will never regret you being a part of my life. I've loved you and will love you.


*He had some health problems which he was forever having tests for.

12 comments:

Krazy said...

Ouch! This post made me cry.

My heart aches for you. I was wondering what had happened, I am sorry things ended like that, without a call, without an email. So sad.

Big hug! I hope your heart heals soon.

XO
Krazy

Still A Bad Girl said...

I echo Krazy's hopes that your heart heals soon.

I would be hurt as well, if someone just ended it with me without any "closure." I know some people hate that word, but when relationships end, sometimes you just need to cry together for a moment before you part, you know?

Missy Black Diary said...

hi there, I chanced upon your blog and read yr entries all the way back to 2 yrs ago.

I understand how you feel, as I'm in a sorta same situation as well. I'm sorry things ended this way, and I hope that things will be better for you in time to come.

I cried reading your posts. They are full of what I am feeling now.

All the best, Kate.

Charlene said...

Obviously the guy is laying low and has promised his wife he has broken it off with you. She's told him if she ever finds out it's still active she will tell your husband. She has power now where she had none before.

Since he was caught before he knew he could be again as a wife always keeps the suspicion. He should not have been using a cell that she had access to.

If you are cheating and he is cheating [wife or girlfriend], you have to trust the other. You can't make more of it than it is. And yes, you can be very good friends with a lover in this situation.

Veritas said...

Just saw your blog and found it thought provoking. Here is a Holiday Greeting and I hope your life and affair are joyful for you both.

Reticent Amor said...

Just came across your blog and I can relate! I'm terrified that my situation may end the same way but I'm addicted.

How are you doing now? Hopefully well. Any updates?

Life of Leanora said...

such a touching post

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Sweetheart, HoneyBun, WonderWoman... how I'd looooove to hold you and make love to you; be your lil' boy servant/you the mature woman - that scenario. Wanna come for days? Wanna float near the ceiling in all sortsa cool positions? Wanna love me as I love you passionately? Cannot do 'em all in this weee time on earth, yet, ya most certainly CAN in Heaven Above where we have the length and breadth of eternity. Meet me in Heaven, gorgeous girl, where I’ll tenderly, gently, lovingly kiss your adorable feet because I’m so #@!! happy you made it; lookit ‘sexponential’ first and lemme make love to you Beyond the Stars to do many other wonderfull, appetizing things as well. See ya soon. God bless you.

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

I'm not here to preach. I love you.

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Sweetheart, not that I'm a saint, but stop if you wanna go to Heaven. Upstairs, up there, I'll be your everlasting servant. God bless you. Seek-out repentance which I do every month. See ya soon.

Unknown said...

Cya keptm.
That's fantastic.
That shows a Seed of faith.
Just as I'll produce
a lotta Seeds of faith in you...
(a 'seed' is a spoirm).
Come-up, please.
Pray the Rosary.
Goto mass.
Turn 180°
Love your friends.
I'm your True friend.

I'm waiting to hold you in my
tender arms to snuggle with you
for yeeers N yeeers N yeeers.
And we'll do E V E R Y T H I N G.
I mean everything for the length
and breadth of eternity.
I. Love. You.
Mosta them?
They could care LESS.
I have the One, True, Eternal passion:
Jeeeee-sis.
Puh-ray-zuh Gawwd!!!!!!!

DO NOT go down to everlasting ruin.
I'll definitely pray for you.
God bless you.

Lemme tella youse summore
without d'New Joisey accent;
lemme xx-plane the ticket outta here:

I'd looove to meet you
in Seventh-Heaven...
yet, you first must be prepared:

Find-out what RCIA means... and join;
classes are free,
starting early September.
Aint no joke, earthling:
our indelible soul is on the line.
What's 77ish years compared to
the length N breadth of eternity?
What's the Tyranny of Progressivism
compared to the saving of our soul?

Doesnt make any difference
if you're an atheist;
doesn't make a whole-hilla-beans
wortha difference when you croak.
You'll be crying-out for JEEE-SIS!!!
...yet, if you've been a non-believer
your entire, finite existence,
Jesus maaay not hear you.
Billions of everlasting souls
are now in Hellfire without
the basic nessecities for eternity.
Are you actually willing
to take THAT risk of being condemned?

Again, Jesus laughs when you
should've learned the
meaning of wisdom N discernment,
mortal sinner... as am I.
Im not better than you...
yet, I gotta lotta d'knowlijj
which'll save-your-soul, kapiche??
Sorry for the New Yoirk accent.
Again, find-out what RCIA means.

Make Your Choice -SAW

Unknown said...

Botha youse could go...
actually, your family could go.

Meet me Upstairs someday.
Let's getta Big-Ol beer.
Gotta lotta tok bout.
cya soon, gorgeous girl.